Well Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe it’s 2019. With a new year on the OBX typically comes . . . the Outer Banks Wedding Association Expo! Our little beach town will be full of brides-to-be and their grooms-to-be, families, and friends.
It can get a little overwhelming when you walk into First Flight High School and see the masses of people and vendors. So here’s a few helpful hints as you get started:
- HAVE FUN! This is such a momentous time in your life. Enjoy this experience with your loved ones.
- COME HUNGRY! Some of the best restaurants and caterers on the beach will be here with plenty of samples for you to taste. Take your time and sample as much as you can.
- ASK QUESTIONS! We vendors are here to help make your experience the best possible! We genuinely care about you and want to help – and there are no dumb questions!
- DO HOMEWORK! Use the great resources on OBWA’s website to get an idea of who some of the vendors are before you come if possible. Narrow down who you’d like to visit based on your needs.
- BE READY TO BOOK! There will be hundreds of brides and grooms vying for the services of vendors the weekend of Jan. 19-20. Be prepared to sign with your favorite photographer or coordinator as soon as you can so another bride doesn’t book your date! Plus, many vendors will offer discounts valid for that weekend. (Mine is 10% off; also, take a selfie with me at the expo and tag me on Instagram, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $50 visa gift card.)
- GO ON THE OBX WEDDING TOUR! Saturday night after the Expo closes many vendors will be at sites all up and down these Outer Banks (I’ll be at the Sanderling Resort!) and it’s a great informal time to visit with and get to know them.
- TAKE YOUR TIME! Don’t rush through in a hurried frenzy trying to figure out what you want to do. Take all of the time you need and make good, thoughtful decisions.
- HAVE FUN! Didn’t I already say this? Yes, but again, you’ll be tempted to be overwhelmed and frazzled at all of the info. Relax and enjoy this time leading up to your big day!
I’ll be in booth 85, so come by to say hello, especially if you still need to secure your minister! Looking forward to seeing you at the Expo!